Can I Still Owe Child Support If I Never Married The Childs Mother?

You can absolutely owe child support to the mother or father of your child even if you never married her. In fact, you may even owe back child support in some cases. Although child custody and child support are often issues that are part of a divorce, they do not have to be. Child support has nothing to do with legal marriage. A parent can seek child support from the other parent as long as they can prove that the other parent is indeed the biological mother or father. For more information your individual case, speak to a child custody and support family law attorney in your area.
Molly B. Kenny
Connect with me
Divorce and Child Custody Attorney Serving Bellevue and Seattle Washington
Molly B. Kenny's Bellevue family law office is conveniently located on Lake Bellevue Drive, making it easily accessible to those in the greater Seattle area. Our divorce and child custody lawyers help men and women get the information, guidance, and compassionate representation they need.
Law Offices of Molly B. Kenny