The day has finally arrived. You may be well prepared both emotionally and legally for your divorce mediation and still be nervous about what will happen later in the day.
What to Do Now
As you get ready for this important day it is important to keep some things in mind. Specifically, you may want to:
- Have a good breakfast – You do not want to be distracted, cranky or tired because you didn’t eat. Similarly, you want to have your usual amount of caffeine.
- Talk with your lawyer if you have any last minute questions – It isn’t too late to get the information you need.
- Make sure you have childcare arrangement confirmed, if applicable – Then, you won’t be worried about what time you have to leave to get your kids.
- Know where you are going and account for traffic time – That way you will not be stressed when you arrive at the mediation.
- Go easy on yourself – This may be a hard day and it is important to do what you can to get through it.
You can, and will, get through this.
Think About What Will Matter Tonight and Tomorrow
When you get nervous or unsure about something try to think about how you want things to be later. Remember your goals and remember that you are not alone. Your friends, your family, and your Seattle divorce mediation lawyer can all help you get through this difficult day so that you can move on to better days ahead.