According to a RadarOnline report, Jennifer Carpenter and Michael Hall, stars of the TV show, Dexter, were seen having a romantic dinner together on January 17, 2012 in Beverly Hills, just a month after their divorce was finalized. The couple separated in August of 2010 following rumors of Michael's infidelity.
Jennifer and Michael's rumored reconciliation is not uncommon - in fact, Michele Weiner Davis, founder of the Divorce Busting Center and author of Divorce Busting and The Sex-Starved Marriage believes that about 10 percent of the population remarries their former spouses.
Statistics for remarriages are not good - about 60% of remarriages fail, according to Psychology Today. But if you are considering remarrying your former spouse, marriage experts Sheri and Bob Stritof suggest following these tips:
- It is important to get back together because you truly love one another, and not because you think it will be best for your children.
- If you have children, keep quiet about your dating or potential reconciliation until you have had a chance to make sure it is the route you want to take. This will prevent your children from getting their hopes up or putting pressure on the two of you.
- Take some time to think about what went wrong the first time around. Visiting a marriage counselor will allow you to discuss the problems that led to the demise of your marriage and brainstorm ways to prevent these problems from destroying your relationship a second time.
- Agree to maintain open, honest communication, especially about your expectations and desires. Game playing will only lead to problems. Taking a communications course together can help you both work on these skills.
- Forgive and forget. Holding onto the emotions and problems from your first marriage will never allow you to successfully build a new relationship with one another. That being said, make sure that the issues that caused conflict in the past have been addressed and resolved.