What Increases Your Chances Of Divorce?
Here are a few facts and figures that we do know:
• The current divorce rate in the United States is about 45 percent – the lowest it has been since the 1970s.
• Red states have higher divorce rates than blue states, possibly because these states have cultures that includes marriage at a younger age.
• If your parents are divorced, you are 40 percent more likely to go through a divorce yourself. If your parents remarried, you are over 90 percent more likely to go through a divorce.
• If you have been divorced before, you have a 90 percent higher chance of becoming divorced again in the future.
• Families with daughters are slightly more at risk for divorce than families with sons.
• Couples in which the women is three or more years older have a 50 percent higher chance of divorce than couples in which the woman is only one year older or in which the man is up to three years older.
• Couples tested as having below average intelligence are 50 percent more likely to get divorced than couple who tested as having above average intelligence.
• If you have twins or multiple births, your marriage is 17 percent more likely to end in divorce.
Molly B. Kenny's Bellevue family law office is conveniently located on Lake Bellevue Drive, making it easily accessible to those in the greater Seattle area. Our divorce and child custody lawyers help men and women get the information, guidance, and compassionate representation they need.