At the Seattle area Law Offices of Molly B. Kenny, we understand that when you come to us you are very likely going through the biggest crisis of your life. We are here to help you settle your divorce, legal separation, or other family crisis with dignity.
The Law Offices of Molly B. Kenny is located in Bellevue and serves the greater Seattle, Washington Area. Our family law attorneys handle a range of practice areas including:
- Divorce and Property,
- Mediation and collaboration,
- Child Custody and Support including Parenting Plans and Relocation, and
- Domestic Violence cases.
What Can You Expect From Our Family Law & Divorce Attorneys?
First, we'll find out about you and your situation, and then we'll discuss your options. The divorce lawyers at Molly B. Kenny approach each case with a combination of strategic thinking, careful and meticulous planning, and a thorough knowledge of your facts.
The way we practice entails one-on-one contact with our clients. We strive to know our clients personally and to understand their values and priorities as well as the legal issues of their cases. We don't run a "mill" with armies of faceless associates and paralegals. We represent our clients "one case at a time" using technology to maintain communication with our clients and to move cases efficiently to resolution.
Some Washington Family Law Cases Require Exceptional Care to Handle Correctly.
- If your net worth is over one million dollars, divorce can be extremely complex and may have serious financial consequences. The Seattle divorce attorneys at the Law Offices of Molly Kenny have access to financial professionals including CPAs, business evaluators, financial planners, and economists who can untangle difficult issues involving income, real estate, stock options, stock grants, and other assets.
- If your case involves children, our attorneys consider the children's needs as paramount. Of all the parties in a divorce, the children are most profoundly affected. Children are also deeply affected by cases of domestic violence and abuse, even if they are not physically involved. In order to protect children involved in these cases and meet their needs, Molly Kenny has access to therapists and mental health experts who can help them understand and deal with the changing family situation.
- In cases involving domestic violence, whether you are the victim or have been accused, evidence is essential. The lawyers at Molly B. Kenny know how to gather evidence, what evidence to gather, and how to get this evidence into court.
An Experienced Family Lawyer Can Help You Win Your Battles, But Will Also Advise You to Choose Them Wisely
In every case, our goal is to resolve the issues as efficiently as possible, without going to court if that is possible. We always consider mediation before going to trial. Settling in mediation is less costly, and the emotional toll on families is always less severe, than going to court. If you must have an ongoing relationship with the other party after the divorce, the more you can preserve your relationship through the divorce process, the better off you will be at the end.
Avoiding an adversarial relationship is especially important when children are involved. Developing a respectful discourse can pave the way to a peaceful co-parenting situation and will prepare both of you to communicate productively on issues like custody and parenting plans.
Mediation doesn't work for everyone or every case. If your divorce case involves a complicated financial situation, drug, alcohol or domestic abuse issues, or if your spouse has hired a highly combative or aggressive lawyer, your divorce may be better handled before a judge. Sometimes people just can't or won't resolve their disagreements. There are some people who, for various reasons, will generate conflict and refuse to back down. In these cases often the best strategy is to take your divorce to court with an experienced Seattle divorce attorney on your side.
At the Law Offices of Molly B. Kenny, our goal is to help you resolve your divorce with respect and dignity.
Whatever the course of your case, our divorce attorneys are ready and willing to educate and support you through the entire process. Molly Kenny is a strategic thinker with a strong sense of empathy. She is used to handling combative personalities and has strategies to help deal with such people.
At the Law Offices of Molly B. Kenny, communication and education are priorities. We want you to fully understand your situation and your options. We won't just tell you what you want to hear. You will see everything. You will be given a copy of every document that pertains to your case as soon as we get it. You will receive a phone call whenever there is a development in your case. We return phone calls quickly and respond to email promptly.
We regularly refer clients to other attorneys whose expertise complements our own, allowing us to focus on our core areas. If you have a commercial contract dispute, a landlord tenant problem, an estate planning issue, a patent or copyright question, or virtually any other legal concern, we can refer you to well-qualified attorneys in virtually any other legal specialty.
- If you and your family live in the Greater Seattle area...
- If you need a Seattle divorce attorney to coach you in your divorce settlement or represent you in divorce court...
- If you need a Seattle family law attorney to represent you in a custody or relocation case or help you draw up a parenting plan...
- If you need an attorney in a case involving domestic violence or domestic abuse...
Please call the Law Offices of Molly B. Kenny at (425) 460-0550 or fill out the online contact form.
The Law Offices of Molly B. Kenny is Located in Bellevue and Serves the Greater Seattle Area