When it comes to divorce in Washington State, choosing mediation could be an excellent choice for you and your family. But choosing a mediator with experience and knowledge – and choosing a mediator who works well with you and your spouse – is key to having a successful, fast, and fair experience. Below, we have listed a few great questions that you should ask your potential divorce mediator before beginning the process.
- How would you describe your style of mediation?
- What is your mediation philosophy?
- What is your professional background?
- What is your mediation-related training?
- How long have you been mediating?
- What kind of mediation cases do you specialize in?
- Specifically, how many divorce cases have you mediated?
- What is your background in family law?
- Are you part of any association boards or written any articles regarding your profession?
- Have you trained other mediators or otherwise contributed to the field?
- Have you had any supplementary training recently?
- What mediator-related resources do you recommend?
- What are your fees?
- Do you have references that you can share with me?
Choosing a mediator who you and your spouse are comfortable with is also extremely important, so don’t just listen to the answers to your questions, also gauge how you feel about the mediator in general and whether you can see them navigating likely problems.
Do you need a divorce mediation attorney? A lawyer can make certain that your mediation goes smoothly and fairly – and that you get the settlement that you need and deserve. Call the Law Offices of Molly Kenny today to learn more about our services and to request a consultation: 425-460-0550.