If you have a no contact order that prevents you from returning to your home, it can be difficult for you to retrieve the possessions that you need, such as clothing and other personal items. In most cases, you can request a one-time “civil standby” in which a police officer will accompany you to the property and keep the peace while you collect your times. While the police officer will remain neutral during the 10-to-15 minute process, he or she will step in if a dispute begins. Do you have questions about no contact orders or civil standbys? Speak to a local law enforcement officer, or contact a Washington domestic violence attorney today.
Molly B. Kenny
Connect with me
Divorce and Child Custody Attorney Serving Bellevue and Seattle Washington