Examples of Child Visitation SchedulesHere are a few child visitation arrangements that have worked for other families:
- Alternative weekend visitations. In this arrangement, children have regular overnight weekend trips to see their non-custodial parent – weekend trips that could include three-day holidays when applicable.
- School vacation visitations. In this arrangement, children would stay with their non-custodial parent when school is not in session – times that could include weekends, spring breaks, fall breaks, and winter breaks.
- Summer vacation visitations. For parents who live farther apart, a month-long summer visit to the non-custodial parent may be appropriate for the children.
- Alternating major holidays and birthday. In order for a child to spend special occasions with both parents, an alternating holiday schedule allows children to spend every other birthday, Christmas, and Thanksgiving, with each parent. There are various visitation calendars available for parents of differing religious backgrounds.
- Visitations on Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, and each parent’s birthday. This visitation agreement makes certain that children spend meaningful days with the appropriate parent.